New York Buttes

New York Buttes

Chelsea skyline

Manhattan, January 2014

About Rona Black Photography

I am a Salt Lake City-based photographer. I'm interested in using my photographs to invite people to look more closely at ordinary objects and recognize how extraordinary they can be.
This entry was posted in Architecture, Manhattan, New York City, photography, Urban and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to New York Buttes

1. Orchestrapal says:

The Big Apple’s ramshackle underbelly juxtaposed against a hint of its timeless skyline; an apt — if rarely made — connection with the American West’s glorious Canyon lands… Joe L.

2. mithriluna says:

I love the title. Great image of the buildings stacking up like the steps of stairs.

3. RobynG says:

Great cityscape Rona!

4. Carol King says:

I wish there was a “love” button. I love this shot.

5. redjim99 says:

Great the way the blocks cascade through the picture, architectural waterfalls.

6. kcinaz says:

A wonderful perspective of today and yesteryear!! Love your capture in this image.

7. bluebrightly says:

The title is great! Form the Highline? or thereabouts? I think I recognize the building in the foreground.

• Yes, from the High Line. I took many pics on my too-brief visit, but due to eye problems I’ve found it difficult to sort through them — I hope to post more soon. Thanks for your comment.

• bluebrightly says:

I know the feeling of taking too many photos and then getting backlogged with the sorting process. You just have to wait for some down time! And I bet you’ll have some good ones.

8. Wonderful picture. Really gives off the feeling of the city.